The NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits 2017 in Atlanta, Ga., is going to be one of the most joyful meetings of NRA Members in living history. We all have so much to be happy about and grateful for—not least, the chance to spend a long weekend in fellowship with shooters, hunters and Second Amendment enthusiasts from all over this great nation. This celebration of fun, firearms and freedom will light up the Georgia World Congress Center and the Omni Atlanta Hotel from April 27-30, so there's just over two weeks left to plan your visit. Here are eight things we think you've just gotta see while you're there. (The real number is probably more like 800, but the Internet only has so much room...)
1. The NRA-ILA Leadership Forum NRA-ILA's annual Leadership Forum is one of the most politically significant and popular events in the country, featuring our nation's top Second Amendment leaders in government, the media and the entertainment industry. This year, we've confirmed that Lt. Col. Allen West (Ret.), Senator Ted Cruz, Senator Marco Rubio, Antonia Okafor and, of course, our very own Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre and NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris Cox will all be there to lead the celebration. We're still adding exciting speakers (and there just might be a surprise or two)! It starts Friday, April 28 at 12:30 p.m., and you can buy your tickets by clicking here.
3. Women's Leadership Forum, Luncheon & Auction Women hunters and shooters are joining the world of guns at hyperbolic rates, so naturally your NRA has an event dedicated to the leaders of this strong and growing movement. Women committed to freedom from all walks of life come together at the NRA Women’s Leadership Forum Luncheon & Auction. The Women's Leadership Forum is a coalition of philanthropic women united with the mission of infusing new enthusiasm, new excitement, new leaders and new opportunities into the fight for Second Amendment freedoms. Please join the Women’s Leadership Forum Co-Chairs Susan LaPierre and Janet Nyce for an exciting day of auctions, food and entertainment. Held on Friday, April 28 at the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta, Georgia, the 11th Annual Women’s Leadership Forum Luncheon & Auction will be the best event yet! You can get your tickets here.
4. The National NRA Foundation Banquet On Thursday, April 27 at 5:00 p.m., sponsors Henry Rifles, Kimber America and Century Arms join with you and your NRA to bring you an evening of food, firearms and fundraising at The National NRA Foundation Banquet.Help us Teach Freedom by bidding on custom firearms, unique merchandise and specialized hunts. The banquet will feature an exciting live and silent auction, and fun-filled games. All net proceeds benefit The NRA Foundation, the country's leading charitable organization in support of the shooting sports. Click here to get in on the fun!
5. NRA Country Jam: Story Behind the Song Ever wondered what it is like to be a songwriter in Nashville, or how a song goes from a single lyric to a hit on the radio? On Friday, April 28 at 7:00 p.m., you'll have your chance to learn the answers to those questions and more, when NRA Country brings you "Story Behind the Song." This intimate, exclusive in-the-round concert by some of the top artists and songwriters in Nashville and country music invites you to Tabernacle, 152 Luckie Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30303. Entertainers include Chris Janson (“Buy Me a Boat”, “Holdin' Her”), Josh Thompson (“Way Out Here”, “Beer on the Table”), Lindsay Ell (“All Alright”) and Cary Barlowe (“American Honey”, “Where It’s At”, “Sun Daze”). Don't miss it; buy your tickets here.
6. 2017 National Prayer Breakfast It's morning in America all over again, and you'll know it in your heart when you greet the dawn at 7:00 a.m. on Sunday, April 30, with the 2017 National Prayer Breakfast. Held at the Omni Grand Ballroom, over 1,000 NRA Members will come together for a time of inspirational encouragement. We'll have speakers who will challenge you with stirring words of freedom and faith, great music and food. This is one of the key events at the NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits. We look forward to seeing you there...click here to reserve your spot!
8. Methods of Concealed Carry Seminar Held 2:00pm - 5:00pm on Friday, Apr 28, 2017, at the Georgia World Congress Center, Room B312-B313a, CCW expert Tom Marx brings all the info you need to know to carry concealed. This heavily illustrated lecture and demonstration will present guns, ammo and holsters in detail as well as examining the often-overlooked effects of clothing, carrying environments and physical conditioning upon the employment of guns concealed throughout the day. Perhaps most importantly, you'll discover the details of information specific to women who choose to carry concealed, as well as the consequences of myths, movies and misinformation on the practice of concealed carry.