Three months is much less time than you think! It may only be February, but if you're thinking about attending the 2016 NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibitsin Louisville, Kentucky this May 19-22, now is the time to register for the show and book your lodging. Here are five reasons why:
1. Hotels Near the Kentucky Exposition Center Will Book Up Fast The 2016 NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits will be held at the Kentucky Exposition Center. If you look at the map of the Center and nearby hotels, you'll note that there are several that will be in easy walking distance. If this year's Meetings are anything like previous years—and there's every reason to believe they will be—those will be the hotels that book up first. Although Louisville boasts plenty of lodging options at a variety of price ranges, veterans of past Annual Meetings & Exhibits will be quick to advise you that the most convenient way to see and do everything the Meetings offer is to do so from a "home base" that's close by.
2. Speaking of Things To See and Do... One of the best things about the Annual Meetings & Exhibits is that it's so much more than just a "gun show." There are banquets and fora that happen every year that allow you to spend time relaxing and getting to know people who share your values. From the NRA Foundation Banquet, to the ILA Leadership Forum, to the Women's New Energy Breakfast, you never know what kind of connections you'll make. Many of these events are ticketed, and space is limited. Now is a great time to make sure that you'll have the opportunity to rub shoulders with some of the biggest movers and shakers in the Second Amendment world. Click here to check out your options and reserve tickets.
3. Avoid the Lines On the First Day The first day of the NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits is an electric time. You can just feel the excitement in the air as crowds gather by the doors to the exhibition hall, chomping at the bit to get indoors and begin exploring over 650 displays of everything you could ever want in the hunting and shooting world. Of course, your NRA staffs the registration desk with dozens of helpful employees and volunteers, but when we're contending with thousands of people...well, some of them wind up having to wait a while. It's so much better to just sail past the crowds, proudly displaying your badge to the door attendants as you waltz happily into a show that's sure to be a highlight of your year. Pre-register now by clicking here, and we'll ship you your family's badges for free!
4. Special Hotel Rates Are Still Available Your NRA has arranged with several area hotels to offer special rates for our Members who will be attending the 2016 Annual Meetings & Exhibits. Booking now will help you capitalize on these savings. Click here to find out more!
5. Winter is a Great Time to Plan Your Family Vacation February and March can be kind of a dour, depressing time. Hunting seasons are over, and in most places in the U.S., the weather is too chilly and dank for all but the most enthusiastic outdoor sportsmen and women. Why not cheer yourself up by envisioning all of the fun you and your family will have as you enjoy the mild late-May weather of beautiful Louisville? Average temperatures during that time of year generally hover around the mid-to upper 70s for daytime highs, and in the upper 50s and low 60s at night. Once you're done enjoying the seminars, exhibitors, celebrities and activities offered at the Exposition Center, Louisville offers family-friendly fine dining, cultural attractions, events and lots to do!
Get a head start on the 2016 NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits today...you won't regret it.