Air guns are a great way for beginning shooters to learn the fundamentals of gun safety and marksmanship, but many young people can have trouble with the charging effort inherent in most break-barrel air guns. Hatsan USA, a favorite among air rifle shooters and competitors, has a new solution: the Hatsan Alpha youth airgun. It's considerably lower powered than most Hatsan air rifles, but that's just the beginning of the ways in which this purpose-built break-barrel introductory air gun is different from what you may expect from Hatsan.
To be certain, the Alpha incorporates the same design elements and features as its full-sized counterparts. However, its stock is more compact and lighter weight, so it's easier for small-framed individuals to handle. The advanced polymer shrouded steel barrel is lightweight, yet durable, and features Hatsan's integrated QuietEnergy sound-reducing moderator. The airgun is equipped with adjustable TruGlo fiber optic front and rear sights for easy target acquisition. An advanced polymer optics rail features a built-in scope stop and will accept either 11mm dovetail or 22mm Weaver optics mounts. The rifle is easy to handle and operate; and will fire a .177 caliber lead pellet at 495 feet-per-second. Hatsan's Alpha is a great airgun for youngsters to enjoy while learning the skills of airgun shooting.
- Lightweight, easy cocking break barrel air rifle
- Designed for smaller, younger shooters
- Single-shot break barrel action
- Available in .177 caliber
- Ambidextrous, durable synthetic stock
- Synthetic QuietEnergy shrouded barrel provides noise reduction and easier cocking effort
- Checkering on the grip and forend offer better control and feel
- Soft rubber buttpad absorbs recoil and enhances comfort
- Combination advanced polymer optics rail accepts both 11mm dovetail and 22mm Weaver mounts
- Precision rifled steel barrel for accuracy
- Micro-adjustable rear sight with TruGlo fiber optics
- Windage adjustable front sight with TruGlo fiber optic
- Anti-bear-trap safety
- Manual & automatic cocking safety that engages each time the gun is cocked
- .177 Caliber
- Max Velocity (lead-free pellet): 600 FPS
- Max Velocity (lead pellet): 495 FPS
- Max Energy: 4.5 Ft-lb
- Advanced polymer synthetic stock with Monte Carlo cheek rest
- Overall length: 43.7"
- Barrel Length: 16.5"
- Weight: 6.6 lbs