CZ-USA, world-famous for their shotguns, pistols and rifles, is putting out an urgent call for four junior shooters to help David Miller, CZ-USA's Shotgun Product Manager and Pro Shooter, set the new world record for most clay targets shot in a 12-hour period by a five-person team. Miller is the current Guinness World Record title holder for the most sporting clay targets shot in one hour. He needs four more shooters--two from the Scholastic Clay Target Program (SCTP) and two from the Amateur Trapshooting Association (A.I.M.) shooting programs. Together with those four shooters, Miller's team will take their best shot (so to speak) in an Official Guinness World Records attempt this fall. This historic event is scheduled October 12, 2019, at Powder Creek Shooting Park in Lenexa, Kansas. The current record for most clays shot by a five-person team in 12 hours is 4,602 targets, so that's what Miller is hoping to beat.
"CZ-USA is once again very excited to provide opportunities to the youth shooting community," Miller said. "Our goal with this event is to provide a new experience for those young shooters who want to test their skills at the highest level, by supporting the SCTP and A.I.M shooting programs we are helping with the development of our youth. I am personally looking forward to meeting my new record-setting teammates!"
Here are the necessary qualifications for potential members of the team:
- Team members must be 16 years or older on Oct 12, 2019.
- Must be a current member of the SCTP or A.I.M. programs.
- Applicants will be required to shoot one of the 50 targets qualifier events which stands for 50 percent of the shooter score (re-entry is allowed and the shooter's highest score is recorded).
- Competes in world record qualifiers events.
- Competes in SCTP Nationals held at the Cardinal Center in Marengo Ohio July 13-20, 2019.
- Competes in A.I.M. & Grand Championship held at the World Shooting Complex in Sparta Illinois July 29-Aug 4, 2019.
- Applicants must also send an essay explaining what the shooting sports mean to them, and why they deserve to be on a World Record Team. This should be submitted electronically to [email protected] The essay must be 400 to 500 words in length and will be recorded as 50 percent of the shooter's score.
- All team members will use the new CZ-USA 1012 shotgun. The CZ 1012 is CZ-USA's next evolution in their semi-auto shotgun line with the 1012's gas-less operating system. Instead of redirecting gas from the barrel to run the action, the 1012 uses a spring within the bolt to store energy during the shotgun's recoil and expends this energy a split second later to rotate and unlock the twin lugs from the barrel extension and to withdraw the spent shell.
CZ-USA is also proud to announce the following companies as official word record partners:
Amateur Trap Shooting Association: www.aim4ata.com
Scholastic Clay Target Program: www.sssfonline.org
Aguila Ammunition: www.aguilaammo.com
White Flyer: www.whiteflyer.com
MEC Outdoors: www.mecoutdoors.com
Powder Creek: www.powdercreek.com
Risher Company: www.risherco.com
Peregrine Field Gear: www.peregrinefieldgear.com
For more details on this world record attempt, visit www.cz-usa.com/gwr2019. This Official Guinness World Record event is open to the public, entry is free, and CZ-USA will be hosting a shotgun demo day as well.
Lead image by Barbara Baird. Click here to read her review of the CZ-USA SCTP Sterling Shotgun!