Cabelas.com customers will now be able to ship new firearm purchases to any Cabela’s location free of charge, thanks to a new online purchase program. Customers get free new handgun and long gun shipping to any of the 74 Cabela’s retail stores across the United States, including Alaska. And perhaps the program’s best feature is that all transfer fees associated with the purchase are covered as well. In short, this program promises to make online shopping for new guns smoother and more affordable than ever.
Cabelas.com offers the following step-by-step directions:
- Browse our assortment and when you've found the item(s) you want, select "Order Online".
- Provide the zip code for your state of residency. You can only add items to your cart that you are permitted to purchase in your state of residency.
- Choose the Cabela's store at which you would like to pick up your item(s).
- Availability of pickup location depends on whether the items you order are allowed to be sold by Cabela's in that location or not.
- Review and agree to our Online Firearm Ordering Agreement.
- Complete the checkout process. Your local jurisdiction may impose an additional background-check fee or firearm tax that you will need to pay at time of pickup.
- Firearms are typically delivered to the Cabela's store in 5 - 8 business days (15 - 18 business days for Alaska). All other items in your order will ship to the same store as your firearm. You'll receive an email notification when your items arrive at the location you chose.
- California / Rhode Island / Washington, D.C. residents, please call your preferred Cabela's Store to learn more about ordering firearms.
Only new firearms are eligible for free shipping. Customers must still abide by all local, state and federal laws, and residency rules must be adhered to. All of the proper paperwork and/or electronic files, including the Firearms Transaction Record, Form 4473, must be filled out and submitted to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS), and then must be approved before the customer can buy the firearm. The firearm(s) can then only be shipped to a Cabela’s retail location, and the firearm is only to be picked up in-person by the customer.
For more information on the program, visit Cabelas.com.