Savage Arms isn't just about making top-quality guns for hunting, sport shooting and self-defense. The company's also all about making sure that you and your family enjoy the fruits of your labor to the fullest! For example, let's take wingshooting. Snow goose has an undeserved reputation for not being "good eating." That's simply not true; most snow geese are vegetarians that make their table from mild foods like corn and soybeans. That tends to result in a mild flavor, which you can then translate into absolutely delicious meals that even picky eaters will enjoy. In this great video, you'll see how to make jalapeno poppers from snow goose meat ... or any other wild game meat, for that matter!
- 4-6 Snow Goose Breasts
- Allegros marinade or marinade of choice
- 6-9 Jalapeños
- BBQ sauce
- One block of Cream cheese
- Slice snow goose breasts into thirds and marinate for a few hours to overnight.
- Slice Jalapenos in half. Remove seeds and inner veins.
- Fill each jalapeno half with cream cheese.
- Top with one marinated slice of snow goose breast and wrap with half a slice of bacon.
- Secure with toothpick down the middle.
- Put poppers on grill, turning occasionally and brush on BBQ when close to thoroughly cooked.
Serve fresh, hot off the grill.