c.) Squib load
2. Corollary: If the above happens to you while you are shooting, you should:
a.) Stop shooting immediately and leave the muzzle pointed in a safe direction
b.) Unload the gun completely
c.) Notify a range officer and ask them to help you inspect the bore via the breech
d.) All of the above
3. Fill in the blanks: _____ are formed by a sheath of fibrous material developing over a core of solid bone on an animal’s skull, while _______ are bone structures that grow up from short stubs on the top of the skull.
4. True or false: You should never pour powder directly into a muzzleloader barrel from its permanent container.
5. In competitive shooting, “offhand” is another name for the _______ position.
6. True or false: Armadillos have been known to carry Hansen’s disease—otherwise known as leprosy.
7. Fill in the blank: The difference between rimfire and centerfire ammunition is the location of the ______.
8. What do you call it when the rifling has been cut away from the throat of a rifle chamber?
d.) Open choke
9. True or False: A scope designed for rifles will perform well on an air gun.
10. How large does a centerfire cartridge need to be in order to be considered “big bore”?
a. .223 inches
b. .243 inches
c. .30 inches
d. .41 inches
Answer Key: 1. c; 2. d; 3. horns, antlers; 4. True—use a powder measure; 5. Standing; 6. True; 7. Primer; 8. a; 9. False; 10. c
How did you do? Let us know in the comments!